Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Page 702 (18.442-478) "second pair of silkette... did every morning"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



second pair of silkette stockings is laddered after one days wear
I could have brought them back to Lewers this morning
and kick up a row and made that one change them only not to upset myself
and run the risk of walking into him and ruining the whole thing




and one of those kidfitting corsets Id want
advertised cheap in the Gentlewoman with elastic gores on the hips
he saved the one I have but thats no good
what did they say they give a delightful figure line
11/6
obviating that unsightly broad appearance across the lower back
to reduce flesh




my belly is a bit too big
Ill have to knock off the stout at dinner
or am I getting too fond of it




the last they sent from ORourkes was as flat as a pancake
he makes his money easy
Larry they call him
the old mangy parcel he sent at Xmas a cottage cake
and a bottle of hogwash he tried to palm off as claret
that he couldnt get anyone to drink
God spare his spit for fear hed die of the drouth




or I must do a few breathing exercises
I wonder is that antifat any good
might overdo it
the thin ones are not so much the fashion now




garters that much I have
the violet pair I wore today
thats all he bought me out of the cheque he got on the first
O no there was the face lotion
I finished the last of yesterday that made my skin like new
I told him over and over again
get that made up in the same place and dont forget it
God only knows whether he did after all I said to him
Ill know by the bottle anyway




if not I suppose Ill only have to wash in my piss
like beeftea or chickensoup with some of that opoponax and violet
I thought it was beginning to look coarse or old a bit
the skin underneath is much finer where it peeled off
there on my finger after the burn
its a pity it isnt all like that




and the four paltry handkerchiefs about 6/- in all
sure you cant get on in this world without style
all going in food and rent
when I get it Ill lash it around I tell you in fine style
I always want to throw a handful of tea into the pot
measuring and mincing




if I buy a pair of old brogues itself
do you like those new shoes yes how much were they
Ive no clothes at all
the brown costume and the skirt and jacket and the one at the cleaners 3
whats that for any woman
cutting up this old hat and patching up the other
the men wont look at you
and women try to walk on you because they know youve no man
then with all the things getting dearer every day




for the 4 years more I have of life up to 35
no Im
what am I at all
Ill be 33 in September
will I what




O well look at that Mrs Galbraith
shes much older than me
I saw her when I was out last week
her beautys on the wane
she was a lovely woman
magnificent head of hair on her
down to her waist
tossing it back like that
like Kitty OShea in Grantham street
1st thing I did every morning






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment