Thursday, April 9, 2015

Page 704 (18.517-547) "Burns as I said... the Queens own"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



Burns as I said and not Lees
it was just like the shop itself
rummage sale
a lot of trash




I hate those rich shops
get on your nerves
nothing kills me altogether
only he thinks he knows a great lot about a womans dress and cooking
mathering everything he can scour off the shelves into it




if I went by his advices
every blessed hat I put on
does that suit me
yes take that thats alright
the one like a weddingcake standing up miles off my head
he said suited me
or the dishcover one coming down on my backside




on pins and needles about the shopgirl
in that place in Grafton street I had the misfortune to bring him into
and she as insolent as ever she could be
with her smirk
saying Im afraid were giving you too much trouble
what shes there for
but I stared it out of her




yes he was awfully stiff and no wonder
but he changed the second time he looked
Poldy pigheaded as usual like the soup




but I could see him looking very hard at my chest
when he stood up to open the door for me
it was nice of him to show me out in any case
Im extremely sorry Mrs Bloom believe me
without making it too marked the first time
after him being insulted and me being supposed to be his wife
I just half smiled
I know my chest was out that way at the door
when he said Im extremely sorry
and Im sure you were




yes I think he made them a bit firmer sucking them like that
so long he made me thirsty
titties he calls them
I had to laugh
yes this one anyhow
stiff the nipple gets for the least thing




Ill get him to keep that up
and Ill take those eggs beaten up with marsala
fatten them out for him
what are all those veins and things
curious the way its made
2 the same in case of twins
theyre supposed to represent beauty placed up there
like those statues in the museum
one of them pretending to hide it with her hand
are they so beautiful




of course compared with what a man looks like
with his two bags full and his other thing hanging down out of him
or sticking up at you like a hatrack
no wonder they hide it with a cabbageleaf




that disgusting Cameron highlander behind the meat market
or that other wretch with the red head behind the tree
where the statue of the fish used to be
when I was passing
pretending he was pissing
standing out for me to see it with his babyclothes up to one side
the Queens own






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment