Monday, April 20, 2015

Page 727 (18.1398-1435) "all those desires... women going and"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



all those desires for Id like to know
I cant help it if Im young still can I
its a wonder Im not an old shrivelled hag before my time
living with him so cold
never embracing me except sometimes when hes asleep
the wrong end of me
not knowing I suppose who he has




any man thatd kiss a womans bottom
Id throw my hat at him after that
hed kiss anything unnatural
where we havent 1 atom of any kind of expression in us
all of us the same
2 lumps of lard
before ever Id do that to a man
pfooh the dirty brutes
the mere thought is enough




I kiss the feet of you senorita
theres some sense in that
didnt he kiss our halldoor yes he did
what a madman nobody understands his cracked ideas but me




still of course a woman wants to be embraced
20 times a day almost to make her look young
no matter by who so long as to be in love or loved by somebody
if the fellow you want isnt there
sometimes by the Lord God
I was thinking would I go around by the quays there some dark evening
where nobodyd know me
and pick up a sailor off the sea thatd be hot on for it
and not care a pin whose I was
only do it off up in a gate somewhere




or one of those wildlooking gipsies in Rathfarnham
had their camp pitched near the Bloomfield laundry
to try and steal our things if they could
I only sent mine there a few times for the name model laundry
sending me back over and over some old ones odd stockings
that blackguardlooking fellow with the fine eyes
peeling a switch attack me in the dark
and ride me up against the wall without a word




or a murderer anybody
what they do themselves
the fine gentlemen in their silk hats
that K C lives up somewhere this way
coming out of Hardwicke lane
the night he gave us the fish supper
on account of winning over the boxing match
of course it was for me he gave it
I knew him by his gaiters and the walk
and when I turned round a minute after just to see
there was a woman after coming out of it too
some filthy prostitute
then he goes home to his wife after that




only I suppose the half of those sailors are rotten again with disease
O move over your big carcass out of that for the love of Mike
listen to him
the winds that waft my sighs to thee
so well he may sleep and sigh the great Suggester
Don Poldo de la Flora




if he knew how he came out on the cards this morning
hed have something to sigh for
a dark man in some perplexity
between 2 7s too in prison
for Lord knows what he does that I dont know




and Im to be slooching around down in the kitchen
to get his lordship his breakfast while hes rolled up like a mummy
will I indeed
did you ever see me running
Id just like to see myself at it
show them attention and they treat you like dirt
I dont care what anybody says
itd be much better for the world to be governed by the women in it
you wouldnt see women going and






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment