Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Page 731 (18.1548-1585) "Findlaters and get... and the Spanish"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



Findlaters
and get them to send us some flowers to put about the place
in case he brings him home tomorrow
today I mean
no no Fridays an unlucky day




first I want to do the place up someway
the dust grows in it I think while Im asleep
then we can have music and cigarettes
I can accompany him first
I must clean the keys of the piano with milk




whatll I wear
shall I wear a white rose
or those fairy cakes in Liptons
I love the smell of a rich big shop at 7d a lb
or the other ones with the cherries in them and the pinky sugar 11d
a couple of lbs of those
a nice plant for the middle of the table
Id get that cheaper in
wait wheres this I saw them not long ago




I love flowers
Id love to have the whole place swimming in roses
God of heaven theres nothing like nature
the wild mountains then the sea and the waves rushing
then the beautiful country with the fields of oats and wheat
and all kinds of things
and all the fine cattle going about
that would do your heart good to see




rivers and lakes and flowers
all sorts of shapes and smells and colours
springing up even out of the ditches
primroses and violets
nature it is




as for them saying theres no God
I wouldnt give a snap of my two fingers for all their learning
why dont they go and create something I often asked him
atheists or whatever they call themselves
go and wash the cobbles off themselves first




then they go howling for the priest and they dying and why
why
because theyre afraid of hell on account of their bad conscience
ah yes I know them well
who was the first person in the universe before there was anybody
that made it all
who
ah that they dont know
neither do I so there you are




they might as well try to stop the sun from rising tomorrow
the sun shines for you he said
the day we were lying among the rhododendrons on Howth head
in the grey tweed suit and his straw hat
the day I got him to propose to me
yes




first I gave him the bit of seedcake out of my mouth
and it was leapyear like now
yes
16 years ago my God
after that long kiss I near lost my breath
yes
he said I was a flower of the mountain
yes
so we are flowers all a womans body
yes
that was one true thing he said in his life
and the sun shines for you today
yes




that was why I liked him because I saw he understood
or felt what a woman is
and I knew I could always get round him
and I gave him all the pleasure I could
leading him on till he asked me to say yes
and I wouldnt answer first only looked out over the sea and the sky




I was thinking of so many things he didnt know of
Mulvey and Mr Stanhope and Hester and father and old captain Groves
and the sailors playing
all birds fly and I say stoop
and washing up dishes they called it on the pier
and the sentry in front of the governors house
with the thing round his white helmet
poor devil half roasted
and the Spanish






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment