Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Page 701 (18.405-441) "lovely linen up... hadnt yes and the"


editions: [1922] [html] [archv]
notes: [Th] [G&S] [Dent] [] [wbks] [rw] [images] [hyper]
Delaney: [0] Useen: [] [cp] maps: [other] [*]

<



lovely linen up there or one of those nice kimono things
I must buy a mothball like I had before to keep in the drawer with them
it would be exciting going round with him shopping
buying those things in a new city
better leave this ring behind
want to keep turning and turning to get it over the knuckle
there




or they might bell it round the town in their papers
or tell the police on me but theyd think were married
O let them all go and smother themselves for the fat lot I care
he has plenty of money and hes not a marrying man
so somebody better get it out of him




if I could find out whether he likes me
I looked a bit washy of course
when I looked close in the handglass powdering
a mirror never gives you the expression




besides
scrooching down on me like that all the time with his big hipbones
hes heavy too with his hairy chest for this heat
always having to lie down for them
better for him put it into me from behind
the way Mrs Mastiansky told me her husband made her like the dogs do it
and stick out her tongue as far as ever she could
and he so quiet and mild with his tingating cither




can you ever be up to men the way it takes them
lovely stuff in that blue suit he had on
and stylish tie and socks with the skyblue silk things on them
hes certainly welloff
I know by the cut his clothes have and his heavy watch




but he was like a perfect devil for a few minutes
after he came back with the stop press
tearing up the tickets and swearing blazes because he lost 20 quid
he said he lost
over that outsider that won and half he put on for me
on account of Lenehans tip
cursing him to the lowest pits
that sponger




he was making free with me after the Glencree dinner
coming back that long joult over the featherbed mountain
after the lord Mayor looking at me with his dirty eyes
Val Dillon that big heathen
I first noticed him at dessert when I was cracking the nuts with my teeth
I wished I could have picked every morsel of that chicken out of my fingers
it was so tasty and browned and as tender as anything
only for I didnt want to eat everything on my plate




those forks and fishslicers were hallmarked silver too
I wish I had some
I could easily have slipped a couple into my muff
when I was playing with them
always hanging out of them for money in a restaurant
for the bit you put down your throat




we have to be thankful for our mangy cup of tea itself
as a great compliment to be noticed the way the world is divided
in any case if its going to go on
I want at least two other good chemises for one thing and




but I dont know what kind of drawers he likes
none at all I think didnt he say
yes and half the girls in Gibraltar never wore them either
naked as God made them
that Andalusian singing her Manola
she didnt make much secret of what she hadnt yes
and the






>

mysteries:


[DD]
[IM]
[LV1]
[LV2]


penelope: 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 642 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732


No comments:

Post a Comment